Are you an engineering enthusiast and want to be involved in the development of engines for the cars of the future? Are you interested in working in an international team of professionals from whom you can learn and be inspired? Then we will get along.
We are currently looking for development engineers and project managers to join our teams: they will design, but most importantly implement technical solutions not only for Škoda cars but for the entire VW Group. Join us!
What are you going to do in Škoda?
- Project-manage the development of a specific part or functionality of a powertrain. This will include, for example, the installation of powertrains, the application of control systems, drivetrain diagnostics, powertrain and chassis electronics, exhaust systems, gearboxes, chassis, axles and braking systems.
- You will work with the latest technologies and contribute to the design of technical solutions for the next generation of cars.
- On a daily basis, you will coordinate and communicate with our technical specialists, because teamwork is always paramount at Škoda Auto.
- In addition to planning and managing projects, you will also have to communicate with foreign suppliers and consult with other departments of Škoda Auto and the entire VW Group.
- You will test the results of your work on polygons around the world, visiting Scandinavia, Spain, South America and Asia, for example.
The technologies you will use:
- Bug tracking systems (KPM Web, JIRA)
- Vehicle electronic component and drivetrain diagnostics tools
- Internal tools for document management, test management
- And of course project and Office tools
What do you need to know, have and know how to do?
- Passion for automotive and new technology solutions
- Completed university degree in a technical field - mechanical / mechatronics / electrical engineering, project management (or secondary education with professional experience)
- Czech B2-C1 level, German or English at least B2 level for daily communication with colleagues and suppliers from abroad, even some of our internal meetings are led in AJ/NJ for daily communication with foreign colleagues and suppliers, also some of our internal meetings are in English/German
- Willingness to travel abroad (up to 4 times a year) to test the results of your work in practice
- Be a team player. We value individual qualities, but teamwork is essential for us.
- Experience in coordinating and leading technical projects will be a great asset
- You don't need to be familiar with all the latest trends and technologies - it’s important to be interested and willing to learn new things
- We are happy to welcome graduates with a good theoretical overview of the field who want to pursue project management
What you’ll receive in return:
- If you want to work from home occasionally, no problem, you can always talk to your manager.
- You will acquire skills in project methodologies, technical and technological standards and other skills in the automotive field by taking educational courses and training.
- You will expand your language skills both through language courses and by using them on a daily basis when communicating with colleagues and suppliers from abroad.
- Offices where you will feel really comfortable. Development centres that offer the latest technology for work.
- Trust-based working hours. We work 7.5 hours a day. Fixed hours are from 9am - 2pm. Then it's up to you whether you prefer to wake up early or work late into the afternoon.
- We offer foreign assignments for a long period of time (1-2 years), your whole family can join you. Gain new life and work experience outside the Czech Republic.
- You can improve your project management, learn new management skills or improve your foreign language. We have training courses to help you with that.
What will make you happy?
- A 13th salary every year to thank you for your good work.
- We pay an annual bonus based on the company's performance. Because when we do well, we want you to do well as well.
- We'll contribute CZK 1,600,- a month to your supplementary pension scheme.
- We're not only thinking about the future of Škoda cars, but also the future of your family. We will pay you CZK 10,000,- at the birth of a child.
- We value loyalty and believe in long-term cooperation. Every five years you will receive a special loyalty reward (CZK 1,000,- for each year worked).
- 5 extra days off. Whether you use them to go to the sea or the mountains is up to you.
- We will not only give you time off for your vacation but also a financial contribution. If you use the services of our partners, you will be entitled to an allowance of 2900 CZK per adult / 1500 CZK per child.
- Day off for special occasions - wedding, moving, birth of a child. There are times when work can take a back seat.
- Sodexo card which you can use to enjoy your free time even more. Treat yourself to theatre tickets, go for a workout or relax in a sauna/wellness. There are plenty of options.
- Choose a meal in our restaurant from CZK 40, we have a choice of up to 10 meals every day, free drink.
- Keeping you fit and in good health is our priority which is why we have an in-house clinic for our employees.
- Convenient employee lease of a Skoda car and a discount when buying a new car.
- Interest-free loan up to CZK 600.000,- for housing, house renovation or purchase of a new Skoda car.
Equal opportunities and equal treatment are key cornerstones of a fair, unprejudiced and open approach.
We offer equal opportunities for everyone.
We do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination on grounds of ethnic or national origin, sex, religion, views, age, disability, sexual orientation, skin color, political views, social background or any other characteristics protected by law. We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the Company. As a matter of principle, our employees are chosen, hired and supported based on their qualifications and skills.
Škoda also has a more in-depth Diversity&Inclusion page.