Improving energy efficiency during a planned trip: Predictive energy and temperature settings
Škoda Auto offers its university full-time students the opportunity to gain valuable experience as interns and possibility to work on diploma thesis in the Czech Republic’s biggest company.
- The goal of this thesis is to be able to predict the energy consumption and propose temperature adjustments for a planned trip based on various inputs, such as weather, driver's schedule, or traffic patterns.
- The thesis could begin by reviewing the existing literature on predictive analytics and identifying gaps in current knowledge on in-car climate management. Then proceed to collect and analyze data from various in-car and external sources such as weather reports, traffic data and driver's schedule (and possibly driver preferences), to identify patterns and trends that are indicative of energy consumption and temperature adjustments.
- Based on these findings, the thesis could propose strategies for suggestions of adjusting the car's climate settings to optimize efficiency, comfort and consumption during a planned trip. For example, it could explore the use of predictive algorithms to adjust the car's temperature and it could explore the use of ML to predict the energy consumption.
- Full-time university studies (technical)
- Interest as well as expertise in the area
- (Basic) programming knowledge, (basic) electrical engineering knowledge
- MS Office, MS Windows and internet knowledge
- Reward between CZK 170,- and CZK 250,-/hour (depending on the study phase)
- Possibility to try working with a team of experienced professionals
- Experience of working for the biggest company in the Czech Republic with a good reputation around the world
- Range of practical benefits such as: catering allowance, accommodation in the Škoda Auto dormitory (limited capacity), tours around the plant and ŠKODA AUTO Museum, reduction for purchase of SW and HW Microsoft, HP and IBM and more
- Possibility of career growth within the Student Talent Program
- Flexible working time (as agreed upon with the supervisor of the trainee program/ diploma thesis)
- Possible further cooperation on diploma thesis (according to agreement with the internship program supervisor)
Equal opportunities and equal treatment are key cornerstones of a fair, unprejudiced and open approach.
We offer equal opportunities for everyone.
We do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination on grounds of ethnic or national origin, sex, religion, views, age, disability, sexual orientation, skin color, political views, social background or any other characteristics protected by law. We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the Company. As a matter of principle, our employees are chosen, hired and supported based on their qualifications and skills.
Škoda also has a more in-depth Diversity&Inclusion page.