Škoda Auto offers its university full-time students the opportunity to gain valuable experience as interns and possibility to work on diploma thesis in the Czech Republic’s biggest company.
- The goal of this thesis is to assess driver workload and create a demonstrator that adjusts audio and visual notifications accordingly, to relieve the driver and optimize the efficiency of notifications.
- First, research could be done regarding driver workload and its inputs. Collect and analyze data from various sources such as internal cameras, odometry sensors or driver surveys, to assess the cognitive workload of the driver during different maneuvers or driving conditions. Based on the findings, a strategy could be proposed for optimizing the driver notifications to improve overall driving performance. This could involve all notifications, such as audio or visual cues and assessment of their effectiveness. The thesis could investigate the potential benefits of integrating ML and artificial intelligence algorithms that adapt to the driver's individual cognitive workload and behavior and adjust the notification (timing) accordingly to optimize their effectiveness.
- Full-time university studies (technical)
- Interest as well as expertise in the area
- (Basic) programming knowledge, (basic) electrical engineering knowledge
- MS Office, MS Windows and internet knowledge
- Reward between CZK 170,- and CZK 250,-/hour (depending on the study phase)
- Possibility to try working with a team of experienced professionals
- Experience of working for the biggest company in the Czech Republic with a good reputation around the world
- Range of practical benefits such as: catering allowance, accommodation in the Škoda Auto dormitory (limited capacity), tours around the plant and ŠKODA AUTO Museum, reduction for purchase of SW and HW Microsoft, HP and IBM and more
- Possibility of career growth within the Student Talent Program
- Flexible working time (as agreed upon with the supervisor of the trainee program/ diploma thesis)
- Possible further cooperation on diploma thesis (according to agreement with the internship program supervisor)
Equal opportunities and equal treatment are key cornerstones of a fair, unprejudiced and open approach.
We offer equal opportunities for everyone.
We do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination on grounds of ethnic or national origin, sex, religion, views, age, disability, sexual orientation, skin color, political views, social background or any other characteristics protected by law. We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the Company. As a matter of principle, our employees are chosen, hired and supported based on their qualifications and skills.
Škoda also has a more in-depth Diversity&Inclusion page.