Are you an engineering enthusiast and want to organize and implement car checks for road tests of our future cars? Do you want to go to Scandinavia, India, South America and test our cars on polygons as part of your job? Then we will get along.
We are currently looking for development test engineers and test technicians to join our teams, who will design, but most importantly implement technical solutions not only for Škoda cars but for the entire VW Group. Join us!
What are you going to do in Škoda?
- Organize the preparation and inspection of cars for road tests within the Czech Republic and also worldwide
- Ensure and carry out laboratory tests of parts and their assemblies in accordance with the real load from operation, including simulation of climatic conditions
- Perform measurements and tests of prototype parts including wiring of measuring instruments - also electrical parts
- Participate in winter and summer tests in the Czech Republic and at classified polygons abroad
- Test drives in our latest prototypes are also a matter of course!
- Design fixtures including their construction in CREO for parts testing
- Develop test concept and methodology
- Evaluate, analyse and process test data
- Determine corrective measures after testing
- Analyse competitors in terms of technique, weight, material and quality
What do you need to know, have and know how to do?
- University education (mechanical / electrical / chemical engineering) or secondary education with professional experience
- Czech B2-C1 level, German or English at least B1-B2 level (intermediate) - daily communication with the VW Group and partners abroad
- Suitable for both experienced professionals and graduates
What we’re looking for:
- Passion and insight into the automotive sector
- Experience in testing electrical components and parts
- Independence and reliability
- Willingness to travel
What you’ll receive in return:
- If you want to work from home occasionally, no problem, you can always talk to your manager.
- You will acquire skills in project methodologies, technical and technological standards and other skills in the automotive field by taking educational courses and training.
- You will expand your language skills both through language courses and by using them on a daily basis when communicating with colleagues and suppliers from abroad.
- Offices where you will feel really comfortable. Development centres that offer the latest technology for work.
- Trust-based working hours. We work 7.5 hours a day. Fixed hours are from 9am - 2pm. Then it's up to you whether you prefer to wake up early or work late into the afternoon.
- We offer foreign assignments for a long period of time (1-2 years), your whole family can join you. Gain new life and work experience outside the Czech Republic.
- You can improve your project management, learn new management skills or improve your foreign language. We have training courses to help you with it.
What will make you happy?
- A 13th salary every year to thank you for your good work.
- We pay an annual bonus based on the company's performance. Because when we do well, we want you to do well as well.
- We'll contribute CZK 1,600,- a month to your supplementary pension scheme.
- We're not only thinking about the future of Škoda cars, but also the future of your family. We will pay you CZK 10,000,- at the birth of a child.
- We value loyalty and believe in long-term cooperation. Every five years you will receive a special loyalty reward (CZK 1,000,- for each year worked).
- 5 extra days off. Whether you use them to go to the sea or the mountains is up to you.
- We will not only give you time off for your vacation but also a financial contribution. If you use the services of our partners, you will be entitled to an allowance of 2900 CZK per adult / 1500 CZK per child.
- Day off for special occasions - wedding, moving, birth of a child. There are times when work can take a back seat.
- Sodexo card which you can use to enjoy your free time even more. Treat yourself to theatre tickets, go for a workout or relax in a sauna/wellness. There are plenty of options.
- Choose a meal in our restaurant from CZK 40, we have a choice of up to 10 meals every day, free drink.
- Keeping you fit and in good health is our priority which is why we have an in-house clinic for our employees.
- Convenient employee lease of a Skoda car and a discount when buying a new car.
- Interest-free loan up to CZK 600.000,- for housing, house renovation or purchase of a new Skoda car.
Equal opportunities and equal treatment are key cornerstones of a fair, unprejudiced and open approach.
We offer equal opportunities for everyone.
We do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination on grounds of ethnic or national origin, sex, religion, views, age, disability, sexual orientation, skin color, political views, social background or any other characteristics protected by law. We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the Company. As a matter of principle, our employees are chosen, hired and supported based on their qualifications and skills.
Škoda also has a more in-depth Diversity&Inclusion page.