Škoda Auto brings more than 1 Million cars every year with highest quality and state-of-the-art features to the customers in many countries all over the world. We as developers are striving constantly for innovation, optimization and implementing new features with best-in-class user experience in our upcoming cars as a daily mission.
In our department of electric/electronic development we are working in all areas of future mobility – electromobility, autonomous driving, connectivity, digital UX, online services and much more. The challenging responsibility of our team is to deliver the modern and desired car mobile online services to our customers. We are the team which is creating the Škoda Connect.
What will be your contribution in our team to fulfill the Skoda Next Level Mission?
- Development and implementation of the core functions necessary for running of the mobile online services with focus on secured communication
- For example, services like secured token management, service list management, real time authentication and much more
- Project coordination during the complete project life-cycle
- Analysis of the existing functions, analysis of new functions
- New functionality definition and specification
- Management of the new functionality implementation
- Testing and bug fixing
- Release of the new functions to the customers
- Project closure
- Cooperation with the development engineers and experts with wide range of specialization
- Intensive communication with experts in the VW group and with the suppliers
Technologies which you will use:
- Tools for diagnostics of the electronic components and communication buses in the cars (CANoe, Serial2, Putty, DLT Viewer, …)
- Simulation tools (CANoe, SimBox, RestBus, …)
- Bug management tools (KPM Web, JIRA)
- Tools for documentation management and test management
- And, of course, the project management and office tools (MS Office 365 including cloud solutions like Power BI, Power Platform, etc.)
- You will test your work on the prototype cars
- What you could know and bring with you?
- Technical education at least high school, preferably university
- Active knowledge of EN is a must, knowledge of DE is beneficial
- Project management capability
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with development of electronics is an advantage
- Experience with development of new functions and practical experience with SW development is an advantage
What will you learn with us and what you can gain?
- Project methodologies, technical and technological standards and other skills in automotive development process you will gain throughout the trainings
- You will improve your language skills throughout the trainings, but also throughout the practical usage in communication with colleagues and suppliers abroad on daily bases
- Modern international work environment with possibility of foreign business trips and even the longer-term work in other brand of VW group
- Possibility of carrier grow, trainings in the fields of soft skills and project management; mentoring of senior colleagues
- Apart from that you might also participate on testing of the prototype cars in Arizona desert or above the Polar circle
- You might also cooperate on the development of systems and cars of other VW group brands (e.g. VW Passat or digital voice assistance for Audi)
- You will participate on the VW group expansion to the new markets, such as India, Russia, north Africa and more
Regarding the benefits, we offer not even standards like…:
- Competitive salary with regular bonuses
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Home office, flexible working hours
- Pensions contribution
- Company cell-phone and laptop
- Donated canteens
- Beneficial purchasing of IT or mobile operator tariff
…but also non-standard ones:
- Beneficial renting or purchasing of ŠKODA cars
- Interest-free loan to living up to 600 000CZK
Join us to design & develop the cars of the future!
Equal opportunities and equal treatment are key cornerstones of a fair, unprejudiced and open approach.
We offer equal opportunities for everyone.
We do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination on grounds of ethnic or national origin, sex, religion, views, age, disability, sexual orientation, skin color, political views, social background or any other characteristics protected by law. We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the Company. As a matter of principle, our employees are chosen, hired and supported based on their qualifications and skills.
Škoda also has a more in-depth Diversity&Inclusion page.